Molly Mo's Summer Antqiue Faire 2014 - Part One

I have been asked by Diane, to be guest blogger and I couldn't be happier to accept!


Every year I have the pleasure to photograph Diane Kaser's Molly Mo's Summer Antique Faire. This year there were over 15 vendors. Booths were filled to the rim with handmade, antique, and repurposed goods. My twin sister joined me as my assistant and together we drove to our favorite job of the year.


This was the first year that the event was held at a larger venue as the numbers of those that attend have reached into the thousands.  The Union Hill Grange Hall was the most beautiful picturesque scene for the faire. The views were spectacular with rolling hills as far as the eye could see.


This is the view of the faire as my sister and I drove right as the sun was coming up. Yes, at 6:00am. Everything was quiet and peaceful, which was the perfect way to start photographing the day. Well, that and with my warm coffee in hand.


Trends I saw this year were repurposed wood with quotes painted on them, like these from Vintage Market Place. I honestly couldn't tell if these were vinyl or painted they were that well done. Farm signs and animals were new this year. I saw more handmade repurposed items which I love! I love seeing how people are making the old new again!


Selfies are totally in order in Jula Girl's booth when there are full size mirrors around, lol. Some wonder why I photograph the faire so early. Well, there are two reasons. One, the sun gets so harsh so early in the summer that I have to photograph the booths before they have full sun shining on them. Two, by the time the faire opens - product sells fast! It would be hard to photograph the vendor's beautiful vignettes with pieces missing from them.





I saw more signs of Oregon this year, in Molly Mo's booth. That - I love.



I wanted this golden horse in Roost Reimagined and Mama Roost's booth. The little girl never came out in me more.



The sun started to come up over the hill and the booths started to glimmer and shine. This is the magical part. As the sun comes up, vendors start to arrive. Voices start to travel. Sometimes joyful laughter fills the air as they unwrap their fabric and valuables. Vendors are carrying in flowers and filling vases. This is where the Union Hill Grange begins to come alive...


Come back tomorrow as I share more inspiration and beautiful photos of Molly Mo's Summer Antique Faire!


- Jennifer Evans
Evans Photography

No comments

Back to Top